Research-Based Teaching Series – Call for Proposals
Faculty and teaching staff are invited to submit a proposal for doing a presentation in the Research-Based Teaching Series (RBTS) Spring 2017 series.
RBTS is co-sponsored by the University of North Georgia Department of English and Center for Teaching, Learning, and Leadership (CTLL). RBTS seeks to support the work of faculty from all disciplines, colleges, and campuses by offering faculty presentations and workshops on best practices in teaching and learning. These workshops not only provide information and resources for faculty seeking to enhance their own pedagogical practices, but also give faculty an opportunity to present their work to peers.
Presentations/workshops should be 45 minutes long, allow time for Q&A, and include the following:
- the pedagogical principles upon which the classroom material and practices are based
- information about the practical applications of these principles in your own classroom work/research
- 3 – 5 scholarly sources that participants can consult for further research
As a partnering institution for the AAC&U’s Liberal Education and America’s Promise (LEAP), we encourage submissions that support the principles of this initative. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Essential learning outcomes such as creativity, teamwork, and problem solving
- High-impact educational practices such as collaborative assignments, intensive writing, and service learning
- Authenthic assessments such as faculty-validated rubrics
- Students’ signature work such as internships, capstone sources, and community-based research
- Counts as university-wide service on your vitae and faculty annual review
- Prepares you to present at professional conferences
- Provides groundwork and support for contributing to the scholarship of teaching and learning
- Creates mentoring and collaboration opportunities across campuses and disciplines
Submit the following:
- Name, contact information, primary campus, and A/V requirements
- Title, 300-word abstract, list of 3 – 5 sources in the citation style of your choice
- Date(s) available (from the list below). You can choose more than one.
- Wednesday, Januarary 18, 2017, 12 – 1 p.m.
- Monday, March 27, 2017, 12 – 1 p.m.
- Monday, April 24, 2017, 12 – 1 p.m.
October 31, 2016 by 5 p.m. Selections will be made and participants contacted by January 9, 2017, the first day of spring classes.
Please email Diana Edelman-Young, Coordinator of RBTS at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions can also be addressed to this email. Please include subject line: RBTS CFP.