Dr. Carl Ohrenberg, associate professor of chemistry and assistant director of the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Leadership (CTLL), has been named a 2020-2021 USG Leadership Fellow. As a subject matter expert, Ohrenberg will provide meaningful support to colleagues systemwide. Topics are wide-ranging and can vary from coaching skills for academic leaders and leadership ethics to constructive conflict engagement and change management.

Dr. Carl Ohrenberg

“This group represents the best faculty and staff from USG institutions across the state, and I congratulate them on their selection,” Chancellor Steve Wrigley said. “Their knowledge and willingness to serve will help the system continue to focus on our top priorities of being more efficient, more affordable and graduating more students.”

Over a one-year term, Fellows will share their expertise through workshops for USG groups outside their home institutions.

“I feel extremely honored,” Ohrenberg said on being chosen as a Fellow. “Most of my colleagues in the program have higher positions with their Universities such as directors or department chairs.”

During the summer of 2020, Ohrenberg participated in the Leadership Developers Institute offered by the USG. During his time there, he learned about the Leadership Fellowship and applied. This fellowship is in its first year and Ohrenberg said he is excited to help it develop and grow.

“[I want] to learn as much as I can from those I am working with, to share my experience, and to meet new people,” he said.

Ohrenberg will present at least one virtual workshop for another USG institution during the spring semester.

Ohrenberg continued, “I also see this as a way to serve the broader USG community and to represent UNG.”