Questions about registering for workshops? Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This event has passed.
New Department Heads Workshop Series
September 19, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Monday, September 19, 2022
12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m.
Budget Management and Fiscal Concerns
Presenter: Dlynn Williams
The New Department Heads Workshop Series will be offered as a one-year community to support department heads who have been in administrative positions three years or less. However, we do encourage seasoned department heads to attend and share their experiences. Participants will gather for three meetings during the fall and three meetings during the spring to discuss administrative issues including:
- Budget management and fiscal concerns
- Mentoring faculty and documenting teaching excellence
- Preparing faculty for the annual review
- Considering ethics in leadership positions
- Navigating conflict resolution and student complaints, and
- Preparing faculty for promotion and tenure
The series seeks to foster a common cultural dialogue of leadership at the University of North Georgia and is open to all department heads.