We are excited to announce the introduction of the International Affairs – European concentration bachelor’s degree onto the Cumming campus.   

Dr. Armstrong-Williams said that “we [PSIA department] are excited for the opportunity to expand our course offerings on the Cumming campus and hope to build on our Political Science associate degree which is already offered there. The Forsyth County area represents a large and diverse population of individuals who see the world through an international lens.  We believe our program will prepare local students for an environment which requires international cooperation. The skills they will learn within the IA major will be invaluable as they move forward into careers in business, diplomacy and governmental service.” 

Although formally not slated to be fully available until the Fall 2024 semester, Kyler Jensen, IA ‘26 is our first student in our IA Cumming program and is “looking forward to not only meeting new and interesting people [but also] expanding my scope in order to gain unique perspectives on real world applications. Also, the chance to explore real world places as well is a really important opportunity I want to experience. I was excited to hear that the degree is coming to the Cumming campus because it [is convenient] and not having to move my life to another campus in the middle of my semesters.” 

We are excited for the future of our IA degree program as it continues to expand! 

[Author: Orla Fennell IA’23]