The following assumptions are fundamental to the UNG strategic plan. If any of these assumptions were to change, the ability of the institution to fulfill the goals as outlined here would be compromised.
- UNG will build and maintain a culture of shared governance characterized by effective communication, trust, respect, and diversity.
- UNG will retain and enhance its access mission by providing a broad array of educational opportunities for students in Northeast Georgia.
- UNG will remain a senior military college with a nationally recognized military program and Corps of Cadets.
- UNG will develop and expand its graduate programs in accordance with its Carnegie Basic Classification of Master’s Colleges and Universities (larger programs).
- UNG will advance its unique admissions and progression model of multiple pathways toward degree completion.
- UNG will successfully leverage current and emerging technologies to support the quality of the student learning experience and operational effectiveness.
- UNG will foster its curricular and co-curricular engagement, outreach, economic development, and partnerships in accordance with its Carnegie Elective Community Engagement Classification.
- UNG will be accountable for responding and effectively adapting to the USG funding model.