*The following Contest is not sponsored by the University Press of North Georgia.*
PAWS BOOK CONTEST
Paws Humane Society of Lumpkin County hopes you will join us in an exciting contest. This fundraiser is provided by the generosity of local author, Deborah Smith and her husband. It consists of publication of a book which will be available for sale locally as well as on Amazon.com. All proceeds will be used to support various projects of benefit to domestic dogs and cats in Lumpkin County.
The book will consist of essays, poetry, drawings, photographs, and recipes from residents of Lumpkin County and surrounding areas. This contest is open to all ages ranging from elementary school students to our seniors. Everyone is invited to participate in this contest.
All submissions will be reviewed by our panel of PAWS editors. Selected entries will be edited as needed and published in our book, along with the author’s name. Optionally at the author’s discretion, age, school and dedication will also be published.
We hope you will enjoy participating in this contest and look forward to seeing the wonderful work you choose to submit. Good Luck!
1. All submissions must be black and white, on white paper. If color photos are submitted, they will be converted to black and white.
2. Each submission must have a cover page with the following information:
- full name & email
- mailing address
- and optionally phone number, age, school name
3. All entries must relate to animals.
4. Submitted work should be original, thought provoking and uplifting.
5. Each submission from a minor child must be identified and accompanied by a parent’s / guardian’s signature
6. All entries become the property of PAWS and will not be returned. Submissions selected for publication may be edited at the discretion of PAWS editors.
7. All entries must be received either via email or regular mail – not later than:
DEADLINE: 1st October, 2011
US Mail: PAWS, P O Box 1955, Dahlonega GA 30533