“Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.”–Mark Twain
- New York Times Best Illustrated Children’s Books of 2013: Check out this slideshow with sample artwork from some of the best children’s books from this year.
- China Has Established Their First Literary University: China takes another step forward and now has an online literary university. The university plans to provide free training to ten thousand people a year.
- Murder Has Always Been a Part of Children’s Books: An author from Ohio State University points out how the Hunger Games aren’t the only children’s books to have violence. He provides examples such as Harry Potter, Snow White, and Tarzan.
- Must Watch Mafia Movies: Literature often mirrors society. What we read in books and watch on TV tends to relate to our lives. Everyone has a fascination with Mafia movies, and they usually get some of the highest ratings of movies. This list won’t disappoint!
- New Novel By Ian McEwan Is Not Your Usual Thriller: Ian McEwan, a British writer who has won about every major British literary award, has written a new book called Sweet Tooth. Make sure to check out this new spy novel that will keep you on your toes throughout the book.
“I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.”–Thomas Jefferson