“His hands were weak and shaking from carrying far too many books from the bookshop. It was the best feeling.”–Joseph Gordon-Levitt, The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 1
- Borders Giftcards Worthless: In the aftermath of Borders going bankrupt, lots of consumers were left with giftcards that they didn’t know what to do with, not knowing if they’d be given cash value or something else. Well, a judge has recent ruled that the cards are, in fact, worthless. Read more about it in this article from Reuters.
- What You CAN Do With Those Cards: But have no fear! The Washington Post has come up with several suggestions on what you can do with those “worthless” Borders giftcards.
- Short Story Stamp: Ireland has released a new stamp that has an entire short story written on in. Check out this article from The Journal for more details and a picture of the stamp.
- Scout Creates Giant Scrabble Set for Library: For his Eagle Scout project, Vincent Alcorn, a created a giant Scrabble set for the library so that people with vision impairments or arthritis could play more easily. Read more about this neat project in this article from Hometownlife.com.
- What Should I Read Next: Just finish a book and looking for something similar to read next? Check out this website that offers many suggestions right away. Simply put in the name of the book or author and hit enter.
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”–Dr. Seuss