“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”–Groucho Marx
- NaNoWriMo: Can you write a novel in just one month? November is National Novel Writing Month, and if you stick to the NaNoWriMo guidelines, you can! Thanks to Donald Schrader for this link suggestion. As a bonus, you can see search for NaNoWriMo groups in your area. One for North Georgia is linked HERE
- Penguin House or Random Penguin?: That’s the question on everyone’s mind now that there might be a merger between the two publishing giants, Penguin and Random House. Oh, and the publishing consequences.
- Groucho Marx Vs. Ray Bradbury: Watch this footage from the TV show You Bet Your Life, featuring two of our favorite quotable masters of media.
- Stephen Colbert, Hobbit Actor: The host of Comedy Central’s The Colbert Report is reportedly a huge fan of The Lord of the Rings, and traveled this past year to New Zealand to the filming of the Hobbit movies, and now reports are coming out that he will appear in one of the last two movies.
- Wider Berth for Fair Use?: It’s a big deal in education. Read further about the HathiTrust decision in this article from The Chronicle of Higher Education entitled “Judge’s Decision Could Clear Path for Wider Use of Digital Library.”
“There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them.”–Ray Bradbury