“What really knocks me out is a book that, when you’re all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn’t happen much, though.”-J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
- Nicholas Sparks Interview: Nicholas Sparks, author of The Lucky One and The Vow, talks about what it takes to make a good book!
- NY Times Top 10 best books of 2013: The New York Times gives their list of their top books for this year. It includes a list of the prices and a brief summary of the book.
- In Obama’s Book List, Glimpses of His Journey: Check out the president’s purchases in a bookstore in Washington on December 4 of this week.
- Five Wine Books Worth Noting: This is a list of five books discussing wine and will be appealing to many wine enthusiasts.
- The 11 Most Surprising Banned Books: Take a look at the Huffington Post’s 11 most surprising banned books, which includes books such as a childhood classic, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See and the dictionary.
“Satire lies about literary men while they live and eulogy lies about them when they die.”-Voltaire