It’s finally February, the month of love, overly-priced chocolate, and flowers! When you think of February, odds are you think of Valentine’s Day. This, however, isn’t the only day dedicated to love. In fact, the whole month of February is Library Lovers’ Month! So, my dear readers, sit back, relax, and maybe eat some of that expensive chocolate as we explore the various services libraries provide. Warning: You may find yourself falling in love with the library, but no worries! It’ll be best relationships in your life.
Help/Assistance. You can easily lose yourself in the maze of books, but don’t fret! There are many librarians who can help and assist you. Witchcraft must be involved because, somehow, they know exactly where hidden books are, and know how to help you.
- Entertainment. You can find entertainment for all ages at the library because there are books for people of all ages. Additionally, some librarians even have coloring stations for toddlers. Your child-at-heart will never be bored!
- Silence. You often get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the hectic world around you. The library offers a moment of silence, where you can recollect your thoughts, and enjoy the moment.
- Book Clubs. Libraries are the perfect place to have books clubs. After you finish reading a book, you often want to voice your opinions, and book clubs are the perfect resource for it! Many libraries hold session for book clubs and there are often specialized focus groups for whatever you’re interested in.
- Study Groups. Many libraries have separate rooms designated for study groups. You need silence to focus on your work, and your group also has access to the other resources in the library, such as the librarians and books (shocking, I know). It one of the best places to study with a group. Just remember to whisper.
- Borrow Books/Movies. It obvious that you can borrow books from a library, but some libraries also allow you to check out movies! So, after you finish reading a book, you can watch it translated into film (and then decide if the book was better).
- Saves You Money. This one goes out to my fellow college students. College textbooks are ridiculously expensive (even more so than Valentine’s Day chocolate), so anywhere you can save money is like a life raft. You can borrow books without paying; just remember to renew them!
- Naps. The library is one of the coziest places in the world. It’s quiet, and the muffled turning of pages and whispers lull you to sleep. There is also cushioned chairs and benches that are perfect to curl up and take a break from studying or reading.