Interview with Stephanie Gericke, Administrative and Budget Manager

Stephanie-Gericke-2We are very pleased to welcome Stephanie Gericke, Administrative and Budget Manager, to the Mike Cottrell College of Business. We sat down with Stephanie today to ask her a few questions about her new position.

Tell us a little about your career thus far.

Prior to joining UNG, I was at Georgia Tech for 6 years and served as the assistant director of membership services of Georgia Tech’s Campus Recreation Center (CRC), which has been ranked as one of the best campus recreation facilities in the country. While there I wore many hats including managing membership, working on revenue generation, marketing, and managed 2 full-time employees and roughly 15-20 part time student workers.  I was also in charge of developing goals that supported the University’s strategic plan, served on various committees including the risk management committee for the facility, team training committee, hiring expo committee, and managed our department’s budget.

Prior to working in higher education, I served as Center Director of Score Educational Centers’ Lawrenceville location, which is a subsidiary of Kaplan.  There, I oversaw the facility, P&L, marketing, managed the center’s staff and worked in customer service with parents and their children.

I am a graduate of the University of Georgia with a BBA in International Business, concentration in marketing and minor in Spanish and completed my MBA at the University of West Georgia.

Why UNG and why now?

A couple of reasons.  I felt that I needed to expand my job knowledge, specifically in budgeting, and this was an opportunity to shorten my commute drastically.  I also believe that the recent consolidation will bring about a number of opportunities and I wanted to be part of that growth.

What will you be doing in your new role?

My primary focus will be managing the budget for the Mike Cottrell College of Business and also supporting and managing administrative tasks for Dean Mayo.

So far, what’s your favorite thing about UNG?

The view of campus in Dahlonega. It’s beautiful.

2 Comments on “Interview with Stephanie Gericke, Administrative and Budget Manager”