Internship Spotlight: Katherine Patrick

Would you pick up your life and move to a new city for the chance of a lifetime? Katherine Patrick, a senior information systems major, is doing just that this summer. Katherine was offered an internship with Gulfstream Aerospace in Savannah, GA. She will serve in the Technology Command Center where she will help maintain their database, create reports, and assist senior analysts with projects.

Katherine will complete her information systems degree in August with a focus in cyber security. While she doesn’t have a dream company to work for post-graduation, Katherine explained, “now that I’m interning for Gulfstream, it would be amazing to be able to work there when my internship is done.”

Katherine is getting close to finishing up PROS as well and believes that it has been beneficial throughout her college career. “I think the PROS elective choices have helped me a lot. Specifically, doing service activities and going to career fairs have helped me boost my resume and get comfortable when talking to prospective employers,” she said.

She encourages students to attend career fairs to pick up on the traits that employers are looking for in the workforce. Additionally, Katherine was able to build up her own resume through PROS and recommends that other students to use those experiences to their advantage.

After graduation, Katherine plans to continue a career in information systems and cyber security
Outside of work and school, she volunteers at UNG’s food pantry to receive service hours and help students and citizens in the Dahlonega community.