The UNG Nu Gamma Chapter of Beta Alpha Psi today inducted 14 new members today. Students being initiated into Beta Alpha Psi had to take the following oath:
I do solemnly promise that I will abide by the International Constitution and Chapter Bylaws of Beta Alpha Psi to the best of my ability. I further promise to maintain the highest moral and scholastic standing and always to foster the ideals and purposes of Beta Alpha Psi.
Beta Alpha Psi is the international honorary and service organization for accounting and finance students. The purposes of Beta Alpha Psi are:
- to instill a desire for self-improvement,
- to foster high moral and ethical standards,
- to encourage and give recognition to scholastic and professional excellence,
- to cultivate a sense of responsibility and service,
- to promote the collegiate study of financial information, and
- to provide for its members opportunities to associate with practicing professionals.
Students who have yet to meet the prerequisites for Beta Alpha Psi recieved certificates of professional development for their efforts so far this semester. The following list includes all students who received certificates, initiates and active members of the Nu Gamma Chapter of Beta Alpha Psi.
Gold Standard Certificate of Professional Development
Silver Standard Certificate of Professional Development
Beta Alpha Psi Initiates
Beta Alpha Psi Active Members
Nu Gamma Chapter Officers are President Will Lazenby, Membership Officer Justine Antoine, Reporting Officer Madilene Gilroy, and Treasurer Taylor Lazenby.
Nu Gamma Chapter Committee Chairs are Tutoring Chair Stephen Lyons, Reaching Out Chair Casey Truelove, Junior Achievement Chair Summer Myer.