What is a Peer Mentor?
Peer Mentor Leader:
During the L3 Summit, student participants are placed in small groups led by a pair of Peer Mentor Leaders. These students are an undergraduate college students or recent college graduates who provide peer mentoring to their group of 10-12 emerging leaders across the state of Georgia during and after the Summit. Peer Mentors will lead a leadership training curriculum session throughout the Summit, facilitate team building activities with their group, and support each member of their team through the development of their Legacy Project.
**Peer Mentors receive a stipend for their work during the Summit**
- Be enrolled full-time at a public or private Georgia college or university as a rising junior or senior OR a recent graduate of a public or private Georgia college or university
- Have at least one (1) documented leadership role
Be in good academic and judicial standing at your home institution
What is a Lead Peer Mentor?
Lead Peer Mentor:
Each year, up to two students are selected as Lead Peer Mentors to work as members of the Planning Team and oversee the team of Peer Mentor Leaders. Ideally, these are students who have been attended L3 in the past and have served as Peer Mentor Leaders and are who are undergraduate college students or recent college graduates. Lead Peer Mentors will work closely with the L3 Peer Mentor Leaders before, during, and after the summit to ensure all participants have the most meaningful and successful experiences.
The role of the Lead Peer Mentor is to truly guide and offer mentorship to the Peer Mentor Leaders throughout the Summit by observing leadership interactions among each group, debrief Peer Mentor concerns each night of the Summit, and offer advice and solutions for maximum group development.
**Lead Peer Mentors receive a stipend for their work during the Spring and at the Summit**
- Assist in the training of Peer Mentors
- Assume responsibility for fostering an environment where all Peer Mentors feel supported in the pursuit of their role
- Work closely with all professional staff of the conference
- Create an atmosphere where all participants can learn and grow
- Serve as a resource to Peer Mentors and participants
- Must have previously served as a Peer Mentor for the L3 Summit.
Details on the application process will be available closer to the summit date.