Q&A with Olivia Pelton, Fastrada, Pippin

Olivia Pelton is a junior scholarship recipient, a BFA Acting and BFA Musical Theatre double major, and a Brenau Scholar. She is thrilled to be returning to the GTA mainstage, and to be working with such a talented cast and crew! Other GTA shows include Cabaret (Sally Bowles), the WonderQuest production of The Ugly Duckling (Polli), The Wizard of Oz (Dance Captain), and Crazy for You (Sheila).

What part of the production are you most excited for?

I’m so excited to see the technical aspects come together, and truly bring the magic to life! Transforming the Hosch Theater into a thrilling and dangerously beautiful circus will be incredible.

What is the most challenging part of the production?

This show is carried by the entire ensemble working and moving together as one. Staying conscientious onstage and off is key in order to keep everyone safe, and to keep the story moving smoothly. That is the most challenging part to me!

What has been your favorite moment of the rehearsal process?

Oh boy, in the show I have a ten-minute scene that is interspersed with singing and a LOT of dancing by myself. I’m a perfectionist, and really hard on myself, so I’ve been frustrated with getting it all down. I remember the first time I did it in rehearsal in front of the cast. When I finished, everyone was super supportive, and it really hit home to have so many amazing friends believe in me. I’m so thankful for them.

What do you most want audiences to take away from the production?

Life is all about what you make of it. Follow your heart, and pursue your passions. Don’t let any other voices dictate that for you. Your voice is what matters in being able to truly live an extraordinary life.

← Back to Pippin