Get in on the Act with Theatre Wings
The curtain will soon be going up on another exciting season for GTA. Plans are being made now for volunteer support of the WonderQuest and four MainStage shows plus numerous second stage productions in the pipeline. Theatre Wings is the community organization that organizes the contributions of many in the community who can offer their help or donation here and there to keep GTA strong and provide a sense of belonging to students in the program.
If you are enthusiastic about keeping award-winning theatre in northeast Georgia and can offer a few hours or a tax-deductible donation, consider active or sustaining membership in Theatre Wings.
($20 membership fee) You would have abundant opportunities to share in the total theatre experience by serving on one or more of the following committees:
- Hospitality- Organizing refreshments for opening nights, meetings, and year-end celebrations or helping to host a dinner for 5-6 freshmen who are new to Gainesville.
- Ushering – Greeting and seating audiences as needed
- Concessions – Organizing and selling cookies and drinks during show intermissions
- Strike – Feeding a grateful cast and crew as they strike the set at the end of each production
- WonderQuest – GTA for Young Audiences needs ushers, hospitality members, and more
- Membership/Season Subscription – Be a Theatre Wings and GTA Ambassador! Recruiting new WINGS members, contacting WINGS members for special meetings and events, helping with GTA Season promotion and sales
- Costume or Set Construction – Helping build sets or sew costumes as needed
($50 sustaining donation) You would help support Theatre Wings but would not serve on committees.
Maybe this is your cue to make an entrance? Become a Wings member!