TIP: Kaltura Capture App

Kaltura Capture is an app that lets the user record PowerPoint slideshows, whiteboard lectures, and software demonstrations from a video camera and microphone enabled computer. Here are 5 things you should know about Capture:

Windows and Mac download links are in the Kaltura Capture window.
  1. DOWNLOAD THE APP: You can download the Kaltura Capture app to your work computer, home computer, and laptop (Windows or Mac). Log in to eLearning@UNG (D2L), click the My Media link on the navbar, click Add New, and select Kaltura Capture from the menu. Click the Windows or Mac download link and install the app. Quit the app when installation is completed.
  2. RUN THE APP: Go to My Media and open Kaltura Capture by clicking the Add New button, Kaltura Capture drop-down menu link. This associates the app to your My Media account. Either the Kaltura Capture link or the Kaltura Capture app icon on the computer will now open the app.
  3. RECORD WITHOUT THE INTERNET: Open the app on a computer, make a recording, and save it. You can upload the file to Kaltura’s My Media repository whenever you have a good internet connection.
  4. DELETE DOES NOT DELETE EVERYTHING: Kaltura Capture saves the original recording to the computer and sends a copy to the My Media section in D2L. Deleting a video in My Media does not delete the video on the computer, and vice versa.
  5. NAME YOUR MEDIA: The default title of a recorded media will be “Kaltura Capture recording – Date, Time.” Change the prefix to a unique name to help you locate the file. Change the prefix to the course code (ex. ACCT4331). Kaltura Capture recordings would then be named “ACCT4331 – September 1st, 2020, 9:02:34 am.” You can also edit the title before uploading, or at any time after uploading in My Media.
Click the Manage link on the Kaltura Capture Recorder, click the Settings (gear) icon on the left side, change the “Recording name prefix,” and click the Save button.

Related Links on my.UNG.edu

(UNG login is required to access these files)

(PDF) Kaltura Capture Instructions

(PDF) Upload Media When Kaltura Capture Upload Fails

(PDF) How to Download Your Media From Kaltura

(PDF) How to Place Media in a Course Module

Related Links on Kaltura.com

Getting Started with Kaltura Capture

Kaltura Capture User Guide

Kaltura Capture FAQ

Kaltura Personal Capture Walkthrough Video (3 min. 38 sec.)

(on kaltura.com) Click to Watch the Video

Page updated Dec. 2021