Questions about registering for workshops? Please email us email@example.com.
- This event has passed.
Volunteer Fair (GVL)
September 22, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Gainesville | Nesbitt 3110 AB
Faculty/Staff Preview | 10 – 11 a.m
Volunteer Fair Main Event | 11 – 2 p.m.
The Volunteer Fair advances UNG’s mission of community engagement by inviting community organizations to campus, introducing them to a sizable pool of potential volunteers. Each year, the Volunteer Fair attracts more than 500 students from the Gainesville Campus!
This year, a faculty/staff “preview” hour is from 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. We encourage any faculty thinking of incorporating a service-learning component into their courses to come during this preview to explore possibilities with our community partners. Of course, all faculty and staff members are more than welcome to attend during the “main event” as well, which will take place from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
The Volunteer Fair:
– Encourages our students to seek out experiential learning opportunities through service-learning, internships, and volunteering.
– Facilitates community partners for faculty members as they develop experiential elements in their courses.
– Provides knowledge, awareness, and institutional contact for the campus community and those in need of the services offered by community agencies.
– Promotes interagency relations among participating community organizations.
– Contributes to the expansion of the economic impact of UNG in the community by availing participating agencies innumerable volunteer hours provided by our students.
– Advances UNG’s institutional goal of civic engagement.