The National Institute for the Study of Transfer Students recently hosted the 11th Annual Conference at the Embassy Suites Conference Center in Frisco (Dallas), Texas. Designed for higher education professionals from across all functional areas, institutional types, systems, and sectors; our annual conferences are the only national forums that comprehensively addresses transfer research, policy, and practice. Participants were provided an immersive experience, reaching beyond the “whats” and “whys” to the “hows” of improving transfer practice, policy, and culture.
Highlights from the Conference:
- Addresses focused on the recently released College Board report, The Promise of the Transfer Pathway: Opportunity and Challenge for Community College Students Seeking a Baccalaureate Degree and theNational Student Clearinghouse Research Center’s Signature Reports on transfer student pathways and attainment;
- Multiple opportunities to learn about the new CAS Standards for Transfer Student Programs and Services;
- Extended educational sessions targeting seasoned transfer professionals;
- Pre-conference workshops designed for individuals new to the transfer profession; and
- Dedicated time for participants to provide input on several new projects currently under development.