What Are You Thankful For?

This past year, we have a great deal to be thankful for –  from the strength of our UNG graduates to all of the great work done to make our communities stronger. We asked a few of our faculty, staff and students what they are thankful for this year as we take a break this week from education.

Donna Mayo, Dean of the Mike Cottrell College of Business:

First, I am most thankful for a wonderful family and good friends.

Each day I am thankful for my career in higher education. Education can significantly change individuals, as well as the world in which we live. It is critical that we all work hard to ensure we consistently deliver the best learning experiences possible.

I am also thankful for being a part of the Mike Cottrell College of Business where I work daily with so many talented students, faculty, and staff. We plan to change the world!

Collin McDonald, Marketing/ Management student, Mike Cottrell College of Business:

I am thankful for a university committed to building strong graduates, professors who take the time to invest their time into students, a wonderful campus (layout, students, and scenery), family and friends who don’t judge me for eating more than my fair share of food over the holidays, my support system (faith, friends, & family), and my health.

Suzanne Anthony, Associate Professor of Business Communications, Mike Cottrell College of Business:

I am thankful for my husband and my two sons who are always supportive, old and new friends who make my life happy and a job with co-workers who are both fun and caring. I am blessed.

Mary Norman, Marketing Lecturer, Mike Cottrell College of Business:

Broadly I am thankful for good health, freedom along with those who sacrifice for us to be free, great friends and family, opportunity to learn every day, the kindness of strangers, sunrises and sunsets, new experiences, and laughter.

More specifically, I’m thankful for Sunday mornings, long weekends, good hair days, music that brings back great memories, and getting lost in a good book!

April Ross, PROS Program Coordinator, Mike Cottrell College of Business:

Kindness is magic and I’m thankful that it is. Also, puppies.

Stephanie Gericke, Budget Manager, Mike Cottrell College of Business:

I am most thankful for my husband and my daughter.

Ash Mady, Department Head, Computer Science and Information Systems, Mike Cottrell College of Business:

I am thankful every day for my family and their unconditional love and amazing support, I am thankful to come every day to MCCB at UNG to work with so many intelligent and kind true people and capable professionals who work quietly and let the results of their work speak so loudly, I am thankful to my students who give me purpose everyday specially when I see their transformation from young students to future leaders, I am thankful that while I drive to work and where I work to be surrounded with the most beautiful nature of north Georgia mountains, one of the most beautiful places in the world, I am thankful to live here in the South to enjoy the rich southern culture and UNG’s influencing history to be reminded everyday of how great our country truly is.

Anne Duke, Assistant Dean of Faculty and Undergraduate Programs, Mike Cottrell College of Business:

I am thankful for the hope of life in eternity, food, shelter, clothing, sleep, the beauty of nature, the dependency of people on each other, the privilege and honor of being a teacher, and the privilege to love and be loved.

Martha Merritt, Assistant Professor of Accounting, Mike Cottrell College of Business:

I am thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, my personal family, my church family and my work family. I am thankful for freedom. And, I am thankful for good times.

Tonya Perry, Academic Advisor, Mike Cottrell College of Business:

I am thankful for family, friends, sunshine and fresh air.

Elizette Soberanis, Marketing student, Mike Cottrell College of Business :

I am grateful for my family. I have a wonderful son and husband who have always stood with me every step of the way, I am thankful for food and all of its glory, I am grateful for video calls, especially to call my family in Mexico. Even if my grandparents still put the camera in their ears, Nature is the biggest miracle. Thankful Quote: Life is a series of thousands of tiny miracles.

Bobbi Larson, Development Officer, Mike Cottrell College of Business:

I am thankful for family and friends.

Nick KastnerMarketing Manager and Digital Marketing Adjunct Professor, Mike Cottrell College of Business:

I’m most thankful for my faith and my family. I’m undeserving of both, but thankful that both of them see the best in me. Oh I’m also thankful for nerdy and faith-based stuff and those that make it possible; the Duffer brothers, Chris Chibnall (I hope), Steven Moffett, George R.R. Martin, C.S. Lewis, Francis Chan, and Kathleen Kennedy all for various reasons.

Lisa Nash, Accounting Lecturer, Mike Cottrell College of Business:

I am thankful for my husband, children, family, a new home, and great place to work. I have many blessings to be thankful for this year.

Stanley Han, Associate Professor of Economics, Mike Cottrell College of Business:

I am thankful for my family and my colleagues in the Mike Cottrell College of Business!