MBA Spotlight: Kristen Morris

Many college graduates come back to their alma mater to enhance their careers through additional certificates and degrees. University of North Georgia (UNG) alumna Kristen Morris has chosen to further her education through the Mike Cottrell College of Business Cottrell MBA program.

“I came back to UNG for my MBA to further my career in business,” Morris said. “Mainly because of my location, since I work in Gainesville, but also because I had a great experience getting my undergraduate degree.”

Morris currently works as a Senior Auditing Associate for Bates, Carter & Company, LLC in Gainesville where she provides auditing services to government and nonprofit clients. She began working for this company after graduating from UNG in 2015 with a BBA in Accounting and was able to land her first job through networking and relationships she made while getting her undergraduate degree.

“I think UNG prepared me for my career in many ways including networking events, internship opportunities, interview skills and knowledge from my degree,” Morris said.

Morris says she had a great undergraduate experience and felt well-prepared for life after college when she graduated. In the nearly three years since she graduated, the College has grown significantly and students are afforded even more networking and internship opportunities.

Morris will graduate in 2019 with her MBA and has had a rewarding and beneficial experience thus far in the program.

“I think people need to know that MBA students at UNG are getting a great education for a great cost. The location is easy to get to for a lot of people. The teachers are great and really work with you regarding your life – I was pregnant my first semester so I know this first hand. Also, there are a lot of Cottrell MBA graduates doing very well in the workforce. Graduating from the Cottrell MBA is becoming more meaningful every day as the program grows and new opportunities arise,” Morris said.

This summer, the Mike Cottrell College of Business will be launching 2 new graduate certificate programs that can be used as electives for the Cottrell MBA or as a stand-alone graduate certificate in Cybersecurity and Entrepreneurship & Innovation. New, innovative programs that help our region succeed are developed through funds provided by the state, tuition and donors/partners. Please help us to continue to meet the needs of our region  by donating or joining the Mike Cottrell College of Business as a volunteer below.

Donation Form

Volunteer Application