Eddie Staub, founder and executive director of Eagle Ranch in Flowery Branch, Georgia, will be honored at Leadercast North Georgia, the local simulcast of an international leadership event set for Friday, May 8 on the University of North Georgia’s (UNG) Gainesville Campus.
“We are honored to serve as a host location for Leadercast and to honor Eddie Staub and Eagle Ranch during the event,” said Rose Procter, director of the university’s BB&T Center for Ethical Business Leadership. “The story of Eddie’s arrival in Hall County to developing an internationally recognized family reunification program is an inspiration and shows real bravery in the face of both adversity and a community need.”
Staub made headlines in the early 1980s as a young man attempting to fund and establish a home for struggling boys. Eagle Ranch has since become Georgia’s foremost family reunification program and one of the nation’s most progressive therapeutic Christian programs for children in crisis. From the opening of its first home in 1985, Eagle Ranch now serves up to 66 boys and girls on its 270-acre wooded campus featuring 10 homes and a SACS-accredited school. The ranch is celebrating 30 years of helping children and rebuilding families.
Sponsored by the BB&T Center for Ethical Business Leadership in UNG’s Mike Cottrell College of Business, Leadercast is broadcast live from Atlanta to hundreds of sites around the world, including Gainesville; the local event will be 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Ed Cabell Theatre. The speaker lineup for this year’s broadcast event includes:
- Andy Stanley – leadership author and communicator
- Peyton Manning – Super Bowl-winning quarterback and five-time NFL most valuable player
- Malala Yousafzai – Nobel laureate and founder of The Malala Fund
- Ed Catmull – president of Pixar and Disney Animation Studios
- Seth Godin – best-selling author
- Rudy Giuliani – former mayor of New York City
- Aja Brown – mayor of Compton, California
- Bill McDermott – chief executive officer of SAP AG
- Rorke Denver – former Navy SEAL commander and author
- Bill and Giuliana Rancic – entrepreneurs and award-winning TV personalities and co-hosts of Leadercast
This past year, more than 130,000 leaders from 35 countries watched Leadercast. Now in its 16th year, this full day, experiential conference is on track to reach its largest audience to date.
Leadercast aims to positively change the way the world thinks about leadership. This year’s theme, “The Brave Ones,” challenges leaders to lead with a sense of bravery and boldness.