Internship Spotlight: Chris Endler

Chris Endler - Radio Intern

Chris Endler, a sophomore business student at the University of North Georgia, landed an internship with Cumulus Media for the Fall 2017 semester.

“I always wanted to work for a radio station,” Endler said. “So I googled radio internships, applied to Cumulus and got it.”

One of eight interns, she works with the promotions team and helps coordinate a variety of activities in the Atlanta studio including contests, events and social media postings on Twitter and Instagram.

Endler works during the weekend at different events, concerts and festivals in the Atlanta area to promote Cumulus Media’s local radio stations including Q100, Kick’s 101.5, and ROCK 100.5, among others.

Her favorite part of the internship is executing these events because it has taught her how to productively plan and gives her the opportunity to meet many different people. The experiences she has had working for Cumulus have been beneficial in guiding her future plans.

“I’m super driven and focused on what I want,” Endler said. “I always want to be challenged.”

She plans to major in marketing with a digital concentration and minor in graphic design and is looking forward to taking upper-level classes in the Mike Cottrell College of Business.

Among other things, Endler enjoys videography and creating digital content. Her dream job is to work for the Red Bull Media House in Los Angeles, California.

“What I will take away from my internship is time management, how to act in a workplace and being able to react to situations fast when they are presented to you,” Endler said.