Graduate Spotlight: Frederyck Odom

UNG graduate and SAS analyst Fred Odom

Upon graduation in May of 2015, Frederyck Odom had already found the perfect job. After searching for available positions during his senior year, Odom knew he was looking for a career in sales with a company that promoted from within and that believed in professional development of its employees.

The organization that most interested him was SAS, one of the world’s leading business analytics firms.

Odom didn’t waste any time. In June of 2015, Frederyck left Georgia for Cary, North Carolina to spend the next six months in the SAS Sales Academy. Now, he is located in Austin, TX and serves as an Associate Account Executive for SAS.

Regarding his experience at UNG, Odom says, “I use something that I learned at UNG every day. Discipline was one of the core values instilled in me and with the autonomy that my position provides, discipline has become a key to my success.” In addition to discipline, Odom touts a number of specific business classes as that have had an impact on his career including international business: “My international business class was such a great start to where I am now. Working at SAS provides a number of opportunities for global exposure and because of that class, I have a solid foundation.”

Odom says that he knows no other university that can provide the combination of leadership, confidence and professionalism skills that can be obtained at UNG.

“Proud doesn’t even begin to describe how I feel as a graduate of the Mike Cottrell College of Business at UNG,” says Odom. “I grew in every aspect of my life at UNG and it taught me what it means to be a man of honor and integrity.”