Starting up your own business is no easy task and sometimes you just need a little encouragement along the way. We collected 10 quotes from the DJ himself to inspire you on your journey to the mountain top:
- “Watch your back, but more importantly when you get out of the shower, dry your back. It’s a cold world out there.”
It’s a cold world out there…That’s why it’s awesome to start being an entrepreneur in college. You get to learn from your mistakes in a safe environment without it costing you your livelihood. You’re able to “dry your back”, preparing yourself for the real world, and figuring out how to become successful instead of being thrown to the wolves.
- “Stay positive, but stay focused. Sometimes things can distract you and you don’t want to be distracted on the journey to the mountain top.”
Failure is inevitable because nobody’s perfect, so stay positive and keep striving towards your goal. Rather than letting failure drag you down, use what you learned from your failure as another building block on your road to success.
- “They’ll try to close the door on you… Just open it.”
“They” in this statement are the naysayers and the haters that tell you that you just can’t do it. They will tell you things such as “you’re too young” or “there’s no way that idea will be successful,” but that’s when you prove them wrong.
- “One of my keys to success is a lot of pillows. I feel like a lot of pillows is important to relax each piece of your body.”
After a day of hard work don’t forget to unwind and tend to yourself. If you don’t take care of your personal life, it becomes super easy to get worn out and lose steam on that start up business, and you need all the strength you can get to climb to the mountain top. Also, don’t lose focus on the important things in life. We work to live, not live to work.
- “When you stop making excuses and you work hard and go hard you will be very successful.”
You heard DJ Khaled, no excuses. Don’t let what those haters say get to you, making you sell yourself short. Instead, be determined to prove them wrong. Hard work does pay off, but you have to have patience in the startup process.
- “The key is to be honest. Be honest, but don’t play yourself. Bless up.”
Be honest with everyone including yourself. If you know that adding that extra task will stretch you too thin then don’t play yourself and make it to where you don’t have time for anything else. In addition, bless up and don’t forget to be thankful for the opportunities given to you by others.
- “We have to get money. We have no choice. It cost money to eat.”
Money does talk. It shouldn’t be the only thing we chase in life, but it does put bread on the table. So be wise with the money you have, and use the ideas that will be worth the effort.
- “I know there are certain things I just can’t win.”
Know your limits, and know when you need to fold your cards. Entrepreneurship is definitely risky business, but it is more strategy than risk, so be smart and don’t dig yourself into a hole that you can’t get out of.
- “The minute we think we went hard, go harder. We gotta work.”
You have to work for your dreams to come true. There will always be another mountain to climb to get your business exactly where you want it to be. It’s a tough road, however, it’s very rewarding to reach the top.
- “To succeed you must believe. When you believe, you will succeed.”
Most importantly, above what anyone else has to say, you have to believe in yourself. You work hard to make your dreams happen, so you have to back yourself up. Believe in what you’re doing, and only produce the ideas that you can put 100% of yourself into.
- “Almond milk + cinnamon crunch = major key to success”
Don’t forget every productive day starts with a good breakfast. Almond milk is pretty good for you, but treat yourself to some cinnamon crunch every now and then.
We hope you were inspired as an entrepreneur (or just as a person in general), and that you’re able to come up with your own personal keys to success (#MajorKey). Don’t ever forget, “Baby, you smart! You loyal! You a genius!” Go get you a blizzard. You deserve it.