Join the Write Now Academy
- Gain community and support for developing, drafting, and submitting an academic article.
- Attend monthly in-person meetings to discuss progress and offer support to group members
- Develop a clearly articulated writing plan
- Research and identify potential publication outlets
- Structure an effective literature review
- Revise for sentence-level clarity with the Belcher diagnostic method
- Learn how to respond to editorial feedback
Under the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Leadership and its Write@UNG initiative led by Dr. Rifenburg, the Write Now Academy offers participants a shared community in which to cultivate, draft, and submit an academic article. Participants will work through Wendy Belcher’s Writing Your Journal Article in 12 Weeks. Once a month, participants will meet in person to discuss their progress, support other participants, and troubleshoot the challenges of academic writing and argument. In addition, participants will use a shared Google document to offer support and build a sense of community. At the end of the twelve weeks, participants are encouraged to submit their academic article for publication. In-person meetings will be held on the Dahlonega, Gainesville, and Oconee campus.
To apply now for Write Now Academy, please submit
- A statement of interest that includes why you think this academy will benefit your scholarly productivity. In statement of purpose, please briefly describe the article you plan to workshop.
- Curriculum vitae
The Steering Committee will review faculty applications and select a cohort for each campus.
Application Process and Dates
Application available: Third Friday of July
Application deadline: Last Friday of August
Notification: Second Friday of September
For questions, please email Dr. Michael Rifenburg at firstname.lastname@example.org.