2017-2018 Research-Based Teaching Series Call for Proposals
UNG faculty and teaching staff are invited to submit a proposal to conduct a teaching workshop as part as the 2017-2018 RBTS. Workshops must feature activities and approaches founded in research on teaching and learning.
Co-sponsored by the Department of English and the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Leadership (CTLL), Research-Based Teaching Series (RBTS) seeks to support the work of faculty from all disciplines, colleges, and campuses by offering faculty presentations and workshops on best practices in teaching and learning. These workshops not only provide information and resources for faculty seeking to enhance their own pedagogical practices, but also give faculty an opportunity to present their work to peers.
As a partnering institution for the Association of American Colleges & Universities’ (AAC&U) Liberal Education and America’s Promise (LEAP), we encourage submissions that support the principles of this initiative. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Principles of Excellence and Essential Learning Outcomes, which provide a broad foundation of ideals for a 21st century education across all disciplines, including sciences, humanities, professions, etc.
- High-impact Educational Practices, such as collaborative assignments, writing-Intensive courses, service learning, and undergraduate research
- Authentic Assessments, such as faculty-validated rubrics
- Students’ Signature Work, such as internships, capstone courses, and community-based research
Please use the link below to submit your proposal. Your proposal should include the following information:
- Name, contact information, primary campus, and A/V requirements
- Title, 300-word abstract, list of 3-5 sources in the citation style of your choice
- Date(s) available (from the list below). You can choose more than one.
- Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 12-1pm
- Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 12-1pm
- Wednesday, February 21, 2018, 12-1pm
Applicants can submit their proposal here.
Submission deadline is August 1, 2017 at 5 p.m. Applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision by August 21, 2017.
For questions, please email Diana Edelman at firstname.lastname@example.org.